Decorating Tags & Pockets
I love decorating tags and pockets to use inside my journal. I like to sit down with a big pile of ephemera and supplies, so that I can create lots of tags, ready to use in my journal whenever I fancy them.
In this blog post I am going to take you through some of my favourite ways for decorating tags and pockets. You can click on any of the images to expand them.
1. With some of the kraft coloured tags, I added some Gesso and left them to dry so that I could decorate them later.
2. For this tag, I glued some torn old book pages and then added a pressed flower sticker and washi tape.
3. For the next tag, I added some diagonal strips of washi tape from London Gifties.
4. For this leafy tag, I cut out some images from a thick roll of washi tape, for a really simple but beautiful effect.
5. On this tag, I added washi tape, used a printed image and added some Distress Ink around the edges.
6. For this pocket, I used some decorative notepad paper and strips of washi tape.
7. For this multi-coloured teapot tag, I used two different coloured ink pads on a wooden block stamp.
9. On this kraft tag, I did some stamping and embossing using gold embossing powder.
10. I made this first pocket after following along with a tutorial by Joie De Fi. I've then added postage stamps and black stamping on top.
11. Once the gesso had dried on the tags, I added lots of watercolour on top
12. Once the watercolour was dried, I added extra decorations like pressed flowers and transfer stickers.
I really hope you enjoyed this blog post and have some ideas for decorating your own journal tags and pockets.
*Some of these links may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission if you choose to make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
If you decide to place an order at London Gifties, don't forget to use the code HELEN to get a free roll of washi tape included.
If you would like to watch a video of me creating these tags and craft along with me, then you can find it below. I hope you have lots of fun with your journals, pockets and tags.